This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basics: Speed

The idea of my posts is helping newbies who are starting the game and need help. They want to know how to level in a fast way, so I make these proposals to let them know why I recommend leveling these things with some explanations. This won't help advanced players, but I hope it becomes useful. Of course, I accept all suggestions it can be made about these things, it is only my personal likes about builds. References are from World and Merged server, so there can be differences of levels in the others.

Speed. This class is great to make offensive builds. They can make long attacks sequences thanks to they allowed attacks skill, and they usually get the first shot when the bell rings. They also get great bleeding moves, which can makes cuts to their opponents, draining their health points. However, their attacks aren't usually too big damage ones, and their defensive skill is mostly dodge, so they can be weakened with few big hits.

Stats:

Easier things are the best ones to start. I like to take the offensive, and that is something Speed class does really well. I would level mostly Strength and Speed, as these are the stats which allow me to attack

- Strength:
    Rage, Unstoppable Blow and Might are a good idea to start. Berseker will be very important later on the game as it combines with Frenzied Urge, and Stiff Blow helps you to increase the cut chance, so don't doubt on spending your points left here. Except Berseker, you will be able to increase your skills using Advanced Techniques, so you won't need big amounts of those skills by stats.

Rage is used to get Adrenaline Gain, which will be used to make your finishers, so it must be leveled until your adrenaline gain is enough to connect the finisher move in matches. Unstoppable Blow gives you Attack Bonus, it prevents your moves from being blocked/dodged by your opponents and Might gives you Direct Damage Increaser, which helps you to hit higher damage moves.

- Speed:
    This is your class, so you get reduced timer and more skill points here, so it must be leveled more than your other skills. You will need points of everything here, at least to unlock all your speed moveset (which is one of the best things they have). Besides, they have between their skill two really important things which can't be upgraded by Advanced Techniques: Lightness and Frenzied Urge. I would level everything to 40 as soon as possible (That is possible when you level Speed to 63). Then I would get as Lightness as possible.

- Improved Reflexes: This stat increases your Dodge skill, that, as I said before, is used to avoid the opponent's attacks. It's Speed's main defense and it helps you to begin attacking again, so you will need it at the beggining. I wouldn't level it more than 40, because you will be over level 5, and Advanced Techniques will give you more points than stats, so you can spend skill points on other things.

- Head Start: This stat increases your Initiative bonus, that is used to attack first when the bell rings, it also lets you counter the opponent's taunts and attack back after pin or submission attempts (even from your opponent). If you want to attack, you must take the initiative!

- Lightness: You can make any build you want. Anything. But you need Lightness. It is the stat every guy needs. It gives you Stamina reducer, which helps you to make your stamina waste lower. If your Stamina runs out, all your stats drop, and you will be like a piece of cake for your opponent. So you need to avoid this, and this stats helps you to do it. So you must get as much as you can. Its effect ends at 90%, so if you want to get as Stamina reducer effect in matches, you must get 96, because there is a Specializacion which decreases in a 6% its effect

- Elasticity: This gives you Pin Bonus. It helps you to end your matches a bit faster, but the effect isn't too big. However, It's interesting getting it to 40, to unlock some big moves, as Jumping Twisting DDT.

- Frenzied Urge: Another skill which can't get upgraded by Advanced Techniques. 5 points on this skill, your allowed attacks increase by one. This is used to make long attacks sequences, and it goes against the opponent's Pacification and Its effect combines with Berseker. It's absolutely necessary to attack as much as possible.

- Quickness: It's your class skill, and combines Elasticity with Head Start, so you can level this skill first, and after your other stats get to 40, increase them separately. It unlocks some interesting moves, like Twisting DDT or Springboard Moonsault.

- Technique:
    You can even survive without leveling this skill, unless you are trying to become a Speed - Sub, which I wouldn't recommend at the beggining (and even later, I prefer bleed builds). If you want to get things from here, I would only get Escape Artist, to reduce submission effects (Feint is only interesting if you are aiming for Frog Splash). But, as I said, your main defense will be Dodge. Block isn't interesting. Its effect doesn't add to Dodge, Why about a speed with Block? You will need Dodge points anyway (to get the moves), so it is a waste of points.

- Resistance:
    I would mostly level Thick Skin and Tireless here. You get Health Points and Stamina from the two first ones, but they don't give big amounts, so they are just a help at the beggining.

- Why Pacification isn't too interesting for Speeds: The chance of cutting opponent's attack sequences starts after opponent's fourth move. 4 hits on a Speed may be too much, so Dodge is a better defense. "Get less hits as possible".

Moves:

As said, simple things, the best ones. I prefer to build first and then get the moves. There will be time to get a full moveset. At the beggining I would get all the bleed moves as I can (cuts are a great way to get your opponent) and damage moves which improve the current ones. I don't recommend training moves because that can carry you to debts, which you will need to get rid of them after unlocking Personal Trainer (Level 3 supporter, Level 4 non-supporter)

Finisher:

I consider Groggy and Grounded the best positions to make a finisher. But, for speeds, which doesn't get so many points on Rage, I choose Groggy. This Required position lets you make quite big damage finishers without a big Adrenaline Gain cost, so it works pretty well. It combines really nice with a Grounded trademark. I recommend getting 20 Adrenaline Gain as soon as possible, and make a finisher like this.

- Required Position: Groggy

- Forced Position: Stunned. Just to reduce the adrenaline cost.

- Damage: 50-50: Pretty big damage, so really interesting for a class which doesn't hit so much damage.

- Attack Bonus: 20. It should be enough to get hit.

- Bleeding Bonus: 1. It is enough to get a cut chance.

If you don't want to get this ag, you can always put 25-25 on damage, and it will be pretty easy to execute, reducing the adrenaline cost to 250, so 13 Adrenaline Gain would be enough.

Trademarks:

To make a Trademark you need to level a normal move to level 5 (Training moves is a good idea to do this). As I recommended a Groggy finisher, here I recommend Knee Stomp. This is a Grounded move that you already have at the beggining, so you don't need to pay for it (just the training). If your finisher is a Grounded one, then Samoan Drop is a great option.

Knee Stomp can be changed for Standing Moonsault (54 between Improved Reflexes and Quickness), which is really fast to get, and it is one of the best moves you can get with low stats.

As ending trademarks, there are a lot of options as Jumping Twisting DDT, Jumping Half Nelson Facebuster, Springboard Moonsault... but I like Rocket Launcher. This is a Strength tree skill move (40 between Unstoppable Blow and Stiff Blow). It is a Grounded move which leads your opponent to Groggy again, so it can be combined with the Groggy finisher. Besides, it has the cut chance, so it fits in a great way with the bleed build.

Advanced Techniques:

You will unlock them at level 5 (level 4 if you are a supporter). Advanced Techniques use your experience points to upgrade your skills. At the beggining I recommend using less ats as possible. I usually like to equal Dodge and Attack Bonus, but I level what I see I need. If I get hit a lot, I need Dodge, If my attacks doesn't hit, I need Attack Bonus. If my hits doesn't do Damage, I need Direct Damage Increaser, and if I drop colours when I attack, I need Stamina. And these are the Advanced Techniques I recommend.

Increased Dodge: Its name says what improves. More Dodge, more chances of avoid getting hit.

Increased Attack: It increases your Attack Bonus, so it prevents you to get your attacks Blocked/Dodged.

Power Blow: It improves your Direct Damage Increaser, which increases your hits' damage.

Increased Resistance: It gets more Stamina points for you. It prevents you to drop your overall stats.

I hope you find all of this useful, but I repeat this is mostly for new players. Veterans know all of this, so they won't find it interesting. Thanks for the reading, I know it is a bit long.

Last edited by Jake Wolfe; 01-14-2015, 10:18 PM.

Good job Jake!

Comment

Working...
    X