This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Suggestions

This is the official topic for Forum Suggestions, if you have any suggestions to make the forum a better place for users to constantly visit, please post them here. Always check with the "Already Suggested List" before posting your suggestion.
    S1: Fists of Wind (Lvl 26 Resist)
    S2: Fists of Wind (Lvl 32 Resist)
    S3: Fists of Wind (Lvl 21 Resist)
    Current Mod on World Server, s1, and s2 Current Mod Supervisor on S3 Current Forum Admin
    Former HP on s1, s2 and s3
    Former GM on s1

I personally feel that more care needs to be taken with the forum migrations to this new format, many things have simply been "migrated" across without anyone apparently checking if the information is relevant, correct or up to date.
    Once glaring example is the forum rules page which, it appears, has simply been copied across from the old forums. Some of the information even refers to spamming the forums or creating multiple accounts for the old forum post targets, which have been deactivated for some months now.
    "Multiple Accounts are not allowed. If you have multiple accounts on the same server and you want to cash on the forum target for them, contact Abdel or Joose2001 on your server and they shall confirm your target manually."
    It even suggests contacting Josse2001, whom I believe is now retired....

It even says that all posts must be in English, when we now have foreign language forums, if that doesn't confuse new players playing in other languages, I don't know what will!
    Language: The official written language of TWG is English. Therefore all posts in the forums should be made in English. If you have poor English skills, it is recommended that you use a translator (such as Google Babelfish) to get your point across. This is for ease of communication, since the official language of TWG is English.
    Now you may dismiss this as "nitpicking" but if we wish new players to use the forums, we need to make sure all information especially official information is correct, to minimize confusion (which will likely put of players) and bring more players onto these forum pages.

Thank you for listening/reading...
    Adrenaline Junkie (PKA The Suicidal Maniac) - World Server ><>< The Gentleman - Server 3

Comment

As of right now, we wanted to just have the rules in place, since most of them CAN be translated over, I, as well as Abdel, will overlook the rules to have them be more accurate to the new forums/changes with targets. I was/am still well aware about this issue, but I appreciate you bringing it up to me. I have no timetable of when we are going to edit the rules to make them more accurate, but it shouldn't be much longer before we have time.
      Current Mod on World Server, s1, and s2 Current Mod Supervisor on S3 Current Forum Admin
      Former GM on s1

Comment

My suggestion ... stop wasting time on trivial things and put the old forums back. These things are utter resources hogs, are completely lag and really serve no purpose.
        Consider the VERY small forum community the other forums were fine and they held a wealth of information. Heck the other forums were so under used even the current forum admin rarely ever used them ( if at all ).

I really don't understand the logic or thought put into this change and I was open to it if vBulletin wasn't so utterly awful as it is coming across to me trying to use these.

As such I will nto be imparting any of my knowledge on these forums, at best I've registered to compain about how bad they are and put in predictions if they come up.

On a side note whose idea was this any way? Was it anyone who actually used the forums? As I don't remember the forum community being asked if we would like an ugly, laggy resource hogging forum that won't even host the bulk of old information on the old forums to replace our nice old simple ones. Pfft.

Comment

Not under consideration. The forum lag will be fixed when Vbulletin updates the forums. If you think it's ugly, laggy, and don't want to import your old topics, so be it. But really, this forum is better than the other one, in more ways than one, we can make this more for us (TWG as a whole), and it's sticking around. - also I haven't experienced any lag on this forums via my computer. Maybe it's your OS? Or something else related to your computer
          Former GM on s1

Comment

• Fists of Wind
            Fists of Wind commented
            Editing a comment
            Then I'm a lucky one. lol. But yeah, give it time for the server to be fully released.

But really, this forum is better than the other one, in more ways than one, we can make this more for us (TWG as a whole),
          How so? What ways? What does this forum do that improves the ability to ask questions and have them answered that the other did not? If anything it will be worse from that aspect as it will rpobably drive experienced users away. Heck I'm all for this forum if it means staff ( managers at the very least or preferably admins ) are actually active and participate in their own community but I can't see that happening because their is a new forum.

Also how can we make this more for "us" as opposed to before? Who is us? Who is we? Is it you in that you are actually part of the community now where as previously we rarely ever say the forum administrator?

It may be prettier and more functional in some ways ( photo's, avatars, banners etc. etc. yada ya ) but in the end that hinders the basic functionality of just being able to post and read.

Oh well at least we still have chat, until the new skin comes through with avatar's for that too and everything slows down to a crawl.

Comment

I would just like to know why I don't see any signatures in these forums.. a forum without signatures is.. pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Melona
              Heres one. Post Signatures like the old forum so we can have our wrestler information or custom banners like a few like to have. If we have it great! Where is it?

You can add signatures (in your profile section - Settings - account) but they are so limited to BBcode content they are virtually useless:
              When I tried to add a simple text signature, with a color change it told me it contained too much information...

Error saving signature: BB code size value is too big
              I would laugh if it wasn't so pathetic...
              Adrenaline Junkie (PKA The Suicidal Maniac) - World Server ><>< The Gentleman - Server 3

Comment

The Forum Signature, you just choose color, it no longer requires coding, so it doesn't waste space. It shows up under the user name in their post (look under my name, by the online/offline dot)
                Former GM on s1

Comment

• Showstopper
                  Showstopper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How do you add colour to the signature?

• Fists of Wind
                  Fists of Wind commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When you go to edit signature, a little panel will show up, on top of the text box, are a variety of options, including color.

• Showstopper
                  Showstopper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm at edit post signature. When I get in there, there's nothing above the textbox.

Update: Signatures are now shown under user posts. It's currently a tad bugged (beta forums) so it doesn't allow seperate lines (as shown in my bio, it all runs together).
                Former GM on s1

Comment

Well,The new forum is nice in various way.But lets add a page where we can see all forum member according to rank or joining date or such.Also add groups like Moderator,Admin,Forum Admin,GML,GM etc and give their groups different colors.Also a chance of seeing who is in that group by clicking the group icon so forum people can find out who can help him.

I would wonder if we could recover these following guide from past forum-A guide on how to fill General manager application
                  Ware Koning- Mod. Dutch server.
                  Real Razor- EX- GM of T.M.G- Saturday in S1.
                  Beast Of Fire- EX GM of Danger Zone Wrestling in S3.
                  Mr.Danger-world server.

I have been playing the game for the last 3 years .If you got any problem you may ask me in forum pm or in those servers.:)

Comment

• Gustavo
                    Gustavo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have the old forum topics been deleted already? I'm sure you forgot to get something important from there no one did.. I asked Kyrax to tell you: You forgot the update topic from Snapshot. That thing was vital and had tons of posts that were useful to understand the upcoming update. If you could still import it here, it'd save a lot of trouble.

• Madam Snapshot
                    Madam Snapshot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll see if I can get the Cliff's Notes version and get it over here, otherwise I can just re-make it from scratch... Although it'd probably be a little better if one of our Redcoats made it all official like. The aforementioned post was mostly "as I understand it" stuff...

• Gustavo
                    Gustavo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It was still a better link to send for people than to keep "spamming" the chat with tons of posts just to explain one part of the update. Hope you can find it Snappie.

My signature will still not accept color, the foums are still insanely laggy... Fix please.
                  Also
                  Why no recruitment area (tags, stables etc) for World Server were we forgotten about (as usual)?

Comment

• Fists of Wind
                    Fists of Wind commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We will let you know when the gold version is released, that's when the lag, and major bugs should be fixed. If anything isn't fixed, we'll contact customer support, and annoy them till they fix it!
                    Regarding the recruitment area, it's under consideration (more than likely will be added). Just let me look into it.

• Fists of Wind
                    Fists of Wind commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Added the World Server recruitment area.

#1.Think it'd be nice to be able to view sent messages in the game seeing as we can only view sent messages if they reply. Would make things more organised.

#2.When accepting a personal trainer there should be an option to only be able to do that match type. It seems a bit counter intuitive to accept personal training then doing other matches which can sometimes happen by human error. Or if there isn't an option then is should be mandatory for all to only be able to do the match type that requires you to complete the personal training.

#3.There should be an official list of moves that have a possibility to lead to out of the ring. Some say every move has a possibility. Some say only certain moves. I personally believe only certain moves but it'd be good to have an official list.

#4. Updates should be addressed in the main board. It seems as though they chose which updates to show. Why not have a diary of updates or at least the most recent updates such as dropping the title. When I told some people about this option they were shocked (no pun intended). For someone who is one month new to the game telling people who have been playing for years, there is something wrong there.

#5.All in-game tickets should be answered. Whether its a polite 'We don't know' or a 'I will refer this to *insert higher up name*' It's quite annoying when you have a query and it goes unanswered.

#6 I think helpers/mods should be encouraged to make guides for their speciality classes/speciality area and have them stickied. They are helpers after all so it is just their job. Yes many players are also very knowledgeable too but would be nice to see Helpers guides stickied as if you are in doubt you can just go to a stickied guide which will be from a reliable staff member. All too often I see guides which aren't in depth or have some grey areas in what they say. It'd be better to see a helpers guide stickied as it shows the people who are part of staff actually know what they are talking about.

Comment

• Fists of Wind
                    Fists of Wind commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Please copy and paste this, and post it in the right area (make a new topic) this is not a forum suggestion.

Where is the complaints/bug reports area? I'm suddenly having this damned cloudfare acting up that won't even let me login, and I have no way of getting help from anyone in the game thanks for not being able to login.

Comment

• Fists of Wind
                    Fists of Wind commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Take a screenshot, and send it to me in a message. Whether in game, or in forum.

If there is an option somewhere get a link to view new posts/topics, that would be divine.

It only takes 8 hits until you're beaten by a girl.

Comment

Working...
                  X