This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***New Engine Updates***

We are happy to present you a lot of updates, which will arrive on the new engine. For a better overview you can also find the full update list here:

http://forum.thewrestlinggame.com/fo...-primary-draft

If you wanna discuss a specific update, please use quotes and reply below. We try to answer as detailed as possible.

New engine changes:

I. General Changes:

1. -The game is now in javascript and AJAX, which means you will never have to reload the page to see changes (Ex: Applying Skill points, training moves, ..etc)

2. - real time update of wrestlers data (Meaning if you are on the skills page and a statistic just finishes upgrading, the points will get added automatically to your Skills Page without having to refresh);

3. - Improved Achievements section, with a lot of new achievements;

II. Wrestler:

1. - All the updates regarding your wrestler will be displayed on a feed on mainboard (Ex: Finished timers achievements, challenges .. etc);

2. - Top menu is global and displays all of your wrestler data (TPs, FEs, Exp, Messages, reports ... and more);

3. - Profile Page includes an easy to read chart that compares your attributes to the wrestler you scout (P.E.S Style);

4. - profile page has now 4 queue slots for stats;

5. - Messages Page includes An ignore and Friends List too, so you dont have to add friends or ignore wrestlers via Arena;

III. Energy Bar:

The new energy bar will be used to do normal matches as well as tag and stable matches. We have not determined how much each match will cost but it is most likely going to be 2 energy charges for tag matches, and 3 for stables.

IV. Taunts:

taunts will become based on turns instead of seconds for more clarity, and the rewards for these taunts will be greater:
    6% of stamina and hp for 1 turn
    16% for 2 turns
    32% for 3 turns
    Initiative is the main factor to perform your taunt, but it is not the only one. Your opponent suffered position(that is the position you obtain when you hit your opponent with a move), your and your opponent's HP and stamina also have a role in deciding if your taunt will succeed.
    Also, your taunt progress will no longer decrease your executions time, but instead it will increase your gains.

V. Moves & Matches:

1. - Moves Section is now a one-Page-Does-it-all, where you can buy, train, enable and disable your moves;

2. - Levelling moves will is now in prorata meaning (If your move has alread 50% progress from matches, you can level up the missing 50% paying half the price and timer);

3. - Arena allows tag and stable matches too. You can challenge anyone to a stable match, and their whole team will be involved;

4. - You will be able to choose a third person for a tripple threat match (Currently disabled: 3rd wrestler is randomized) ;

5. - reports section now includes Stables too, and you can sort it by Single, tag or stable reports;

6. - Completely new messaging System (Facebook Style);

7. - messaging system supports Group chats now (Currently disabled);

8. - titan tron added before the match (useful for Feds generally);

*** New Match Engine Features ***

I. - Match Updates:

- Matches are now divided by turns and 1 turn allows one action per wrestler, so in a match that involves 5 wrestlers, you will get 5 actions per turn. Actions do not mean move executions strictly. You can use your action to execute a taunt, get back into position if you are on the ground or stunned, get out of the ring or get back into the ring ... etc
    Also throwing you opponent out of the ring can give you a break to catch your breath and regain 5% stamina.

- Matches can end in Count outs during regular One Fall matches if you don't get back into the ring in time

- New engine supports any match up (2v3, 6v1v2, 4v4v4v4 ... etc)

- Stunned position is now based on the wrestler status (Stamina + HP) so a wrestler who has no Stamina and Health points will be exposed more often to stuns

- When wrestlers are out of Stamina, Instead of going into negative and still fighting, they will take the turn to regain stamina (Meaning he wont be able to perform any moves)

- Multiple Pin support (ie: Abdel can pin Maxo, and then Desmond jumps over them to help Pin Maxo, and another wrestler does the same ... etc)

II. - Damage:

DDI and DR interact very differently from the current system. To put it in simple words, DDI and DR divergence will have a lesser impact on the damage output which mainly levels up the playing field between new comers and the rest of the players.

III. - Pin & Pin Opposition:

First of all, on team matches (especially tornado matches, and rumbles) multiple wrestlers can pin the same opponent which helps stack their pin bonus to keep him down.
    On the patch side, We have made the pin sskill stronger to allow speed wrestlers to pin their opponents early on the match if they have a big pin bonus(Pins in green can be possible but they will be very hard to pull off). As pin got stronger, its counterpart got stronger too, so in order to counter a pin build, you must have enough pin opposition.

IV. - Initiative:

Initiative reworked, and has a very important role in 3+ way matches, because the wrestler with the highest initiative roll attacks first, while the attacked wrestler loses his turn (meaning he takes the hit and does nothing);

V. Tag Team and Stable:

1. - Teams (tag and stable) can have their own "currency", like exp to buy tag ATs (currenty disabled);

2. - Tag Teams can fight in Special matches too such as First blood, Ultimate submission .. etc;

3. - During Team matches, wrestlers who gets tagged to the corner will use the break to regain stamina;

4. - Partners can interrupt you during a tag match in two different ways:

1) Minor: Where the partner enters quick to break a pin or Sub
    2) Major: Where the partner stays in to help wear off the opponent turning the match into a 2v1 (This can lead to a DQ);

VI. Referee interactions:

1. - Wrestlers can now interact with referees, which allows them to distract him during tag matches to give their tag partners more time to break a pin or a submission maneuver or even cheat.

2. - Disqualifications are possible now if you get caught using a weapon on a regular match, or if you get too many warnings for interfering when it is not your turn.

3. - Referees will also have a statistic called "Severity" that will determine how tolerant a referee is, so with high severity there will be no room for cheating.

4. - Referees can get K.Oed if they get hit during a match;

P.S: We will keep you updated with the latest news, whenever we recieve more information from the coders!

"The new energy bar will be used to do normal matches as well as tag and stable matches. We have not determined how much each match will cost but it is most likely going to be 2 energy charges for tag matches, and 3 for stables."

Hi, I feel like this might discourage people from doing tag or stable matches? Because normal matches gives you more exp and costs less energy. Will there be more targets/achievements for for tag teams and stables?

Comment

• Abdel
      Abdel commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, That's not totally true, because Tag and stables will give experience on the new engine.

One thing I'm somewhat worried about

III. Energy Bar:

The new energy bar will be used to do normal matches as well as tag and stable matches. We have not determined how much each match will cost but it is most likely going to be 2 energy charges for tag matches, and 3 for stables.

Realistically what incentive do I have on doing tag and stable matches past the basic (all the achievements i can get, assumedly involving the at's and what not mentioned later in your post). As it currently stands i gain more xp from doing a one fall match, unless i'm in a miss matched tag/stable with someone a good bit lower than me i get more execs in a normal match, etc. Unless you enable entrances in the matches there doesn't seem to be a reason for me to bother with the other two match types when i can do more of something more benefitial to me for less of a cost?

TBH i would kind of prefer a s2-esque style, where each has seperate bars and they fill at different rates or what not... but eh

2.) Also, any chance after new engine is in place and all of the huge bugs are worked out, there could be an implementation of new moves? (say 100 or so?) seems like a slight update there would be appreciated imo. That or rework moves so they -can- (say 1% or some small number if it's a huge issue) go to lesser positions (corner, ropes, etc.), buff those lesser positions somewhat and give more "movesets" we can shoot for.

Comment

• Abdel
      Abdel commented
      Editing a comment
      I've answered that first question on the first comment, as to the second suggestion I'm hoping that we will find a way to patch moves along the way to make more of them viable, but I can't promise anything as of yet.

Not sure if there is a way to comment the comment so sorry I am making a new post :(
    Abdel - If normal matches are still costing less energy than tag team matches and stable matches there should be some kind of incentive.
    Two normal matches would still be more worth doing than one tag match and 3 normal matches for one stable match. Unless there are incentives to doing tag and stable matches I will just do normal matches. Maybe we could do what zack said and have different timers or energy bars for tag, stable, and normal matches. Or maybe there could be more targets and achievements or maybe you get extra rewards for doing them?

"DDI and DR interact very differently from the current system. To put it in simple words, DDI and DR divergence will have a lesser impact on the damage output which mainly levels up the playing field between new comers and the rest of the players."

Could this be elaborated on please?
    Are ddi and dr just being nerfed or are the purposes of them changing? Like will they both have the same relationship towards each other or will they have some kind of new function?
    Last edited by Rey Uses The Forum; 03-19-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Abdel
      Abdel commented
      Editing a comment
      Well 2 People would get the experience so if you and your partner do 1 Tag team match each, It'd be equal to each one of you doing 2 singles separately.

As to DR and DDI, they will still have the same role, but the formula is changed. I don't know about the formula in detail, but DR and DDI are supposed to grow exponentially now, so while for example 100 DR blocks 40% Damage, 200 DR would block 60% (instead of 80% ) .. etc. Those are not the real numbers, but its an example.

What about players being able to control their wrestlers during the match by controlling their actions when its their turn? Is that possible? Even if it was by setting up a list of preferences of how you wanted your wrestler to act during a match, instead of controlling him during a match.

Here is an example I find with the current engine. I can face someone and have beaten down into negative numbers, however when my wrestler is on the attack he tries to string a list of moves instead of going for the pin and getting the victory. During his assault he is countered or something, and then my opponent goes for the pin and wins. That situation is a very frustrating and frequent experience that I would like to see changed. I am not totally sure how long this game has been running, but I am surprised it has never addressed that issue.

Comment

• Desmond
      Desmond commented
      Editing a comment
      As this game is text based, you won't have a big possibility to influence the match. If you want your wrestler to pin more often, give him more pin moves. You might be able to decide to play clean or dirty later, so the use of weapon shots or ref distractions might be influenced, but not the whole match.

Curious, if the match system is set up with a turn based thing, does attacks allowed/denied still function at all? I mean, even now I have trouble believing those stats mean what they say. I'm not worried about Feint/Berserker, I am worried about attack stings being rendered obsolete though.
    It only takes 8 hits until you're beaten by a girl.

Comment

• Desmond
      Desmond commented
      Editing a comment
      When I played the test server those stats were broken or disabled and I don't have any updates yet. Will make sure you recieve your reply when we found out more.

With all the engine updates/changes, a new design for this game would be nice.

Comment

• Desmond
      Desmond commented
      Editing a comment
      The game creators already implemented a new skin and style for the new engine, we were able to test on the test server that has been up some time ago.

What about making the game mobile-friendly?
    Been there, done that.

Currently S1 Helper

Formerly: S1 Mod and S1 GM on several occasions..

Comment

• Desmond
      Desmond commented
      Editing a comment
      A mobile version is already being programmed and close to be finished. It will probably launch even before the new engine.

I like the triple threat and referee updates! The ref one allows the character more personality for their face/heel tendencies by controlling how dirty they play! Tag team and stables gaining their own fanta's for special ATs will be cool too!

I remember that the new engine was going to support fatal fourways and other multi-man matches like royal rumbles, TLC, 6 man tag etc! Any news on them?! Will the Elimination Chamber match be improved with these changes?! :)
    Last edited by Cartwright; 03-21-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Abdel
      Abdel commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeh, We can do pretty much any combination of players on the new engine, and Of course the elimination chamber will now also support more than 3 wrestlers at the same time on the ring, so you can end up with everyone on the ring at the same time.

Let me see if i get this :

- 3. - Arena allows tag and stable matches too. You can challenge anyone to a stable match, and their whole team will be involved;

This means a stable from rank #100 can challenge the stable from rank #1? Or a tag team lev 4 can challenge a tag team lev 8?

- 4. - You will be able to choose a third person for a tripple threat match (Currently disabled: 3rd wrestler is randomized) ;

The 3rd person also get report from that match and exp?

II. - Damage:

DDI and DR interact very differently from the current system. To put it in simple words, DDI and DR divergence will have a lesser impact on the damage output which mainly levels up the playing field between new comers and the rest of the players.

Dunno if i like this...i may not understand corectly what this means but if this will be a nerf, pretty sure i'm gonna quit. I still wait to see Tech class nerfed cause they are way to OP and to take an example, i trade with a tech class who have 60 Blocks, 82 Attack Bonus, 6 Allowed Attacks, 0 Denied Attacks, 22 Initiative and i have 92 Blocks, 87 Attack Bonus, 8 Allowed Attacks, 2 Denied Attackes and 47 Initiative bonus and he still get more execs per match than me, like 62 attacs for him and around 40 attacks for me. Can someone explain me how is this possible? Then, those sub moves are way to OP, it gets more exp and drain wait to much and fast HP and Stamina. Should take a look over this class and theyr sub moves.

V. Tag Team and Stable:

1. - Teams (tag and stable) can have their own "currency", like exp to buy tag ATs (currenty disabled);

For me, this will be a waste of exp. If there's no new Targets or Achievments that give big reward for tags, i don't think someone whill spent exp on AT's for tag. Then, if a tag have AT's and this will be deleted, what's happened with ATs?

That's all for now! I wait for a reply...Thank you!

Comment

• Abdel
      Abdel commented
      Editing a comment
      - That's actually a good question about challenging stables on the new engine. At this point we didn't think it all the way through. So yeh, for now, you'll be able to challenge any stable you want.

- Choosing the 3rd challenger is still disabled, but it is there, and we'll balance it out when we decide to enable it.

- You'll have to wait and See how the new DDI and DR works. As to your problem against techs, just get enough escape subs, if you dont get drained of stamina, you wont have a problem.

- Of course, having a tag team currency encourages loyalty and rewards long running stables and tags. You will still get the normal experience from tags and stables.

Been wanting to ask this for a while, and sure it could be a good feature. How about include an Exp chart? Like which guy has the most exp, weekly increase, monthly increase etc? It has to be separate but on the servers where the big guys are ruling such as 1-2-3, it could be great to have a more friendly competition using exp rather than only WS.
    S2 Head Helper - September 2016

Comment

• Desmond
      Desmond commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm against open charts because knowing everyones exps will make it much easier to look for counter builds. If you can 'read' matches quite well you can almost figure the exact build of your enemies and this could kill a lot of strategy fun. Though an exp increase chart viewable only for yourself would be interesting. Though you could do it on your own. I don't know how others think about this though..

Will Special Abilities be improved?! At the moment there isn't much use for them in later levels because ATs work better! Same with the Private Gym option!
    Last edited by Cartwright; 03-22-2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Abdel
      Abdel commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually we have a lot of talks about Special Abilities, and how they could be improved to become a strategical option ingame instead of a power levelling tool. So Yes, We are thinking about it.

these are some very good updates

Comment

"As to your problem against techs, just get enough escape subs, if you dont get drained of stamina, you wont have a problem." - This don't response to my question. I have no problems with Tech class, all i told was that Tech class is way to OP. In comparation with bleeding moves, those sub moves are OP. And more than that, explain me this "i trade with a tech class who have 60 Blocks, 82 Attack Bonus, 6 Allowed Attacks, 0 Denied Attacks, 22 Initiative and i have 92 Blocks, 87 Attack Bonus, 8 Allowed Attacks, 2 Denied Attackes and 47 Initiative bonus and he still get more execs per match than me, like 62 attacs for him and around 40 attacks for me..." Also, he have 52 entrances and get 8 exp per match and i have 86 entrances, all moves buyed and get same exp, 8 exp per match, pls explain me why he get more exp per match, why he blocks more and why he gets more attacks?

Comment

• Abdel
        Abdel commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have no escape subs, then he'll dominate more as the match goes by because longers subs drain more stamina. If you have low stamina, you'll be easy to dodge so he gets more executions, and more score. Simple as that.

Leu, please move this out of this thread and onto FAQ and General Gameplay Tips where it shall be answered. I'll help you myself, but let's keep this section reserved for discussion of the new engine.
      Johnny

Comment

Working...
      X