No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question, with the new match changes and all, I hope it isn't too dramatic of a change, by that I mean that I hope the changes are enough to make it look good and not over do it since it will become way complex opinion. Maybe a separate section about explaining match engine changes so it clears most confusion between existing players.
    S2 Head Helper - September 2016

Comment

• Desmond
      Desmond commented
      Editing a comment
      I will open a whole strategy & build discussion topic when we are able to test all the new match engine basics and try to clarify most changes, if that is what you mean.

It's Aprils Fools here today, is this a joke ... there isn't really a new engine coming right? ;)

If so, which year so I can mark it on my calendar? Heh.

Seriously though some interesting stuff here if it all pans out though a few things that one can already see is possibly open to exploitation if not thoroughly thought through though no biggie as long as bug/exploit fixes are proactive and quickly implemented as opposed to once every couple of years as it has been before heh.

Also "When wrestlers are out of Stamina, Instead of going into negative and still fighting, they will take the turn to regain stamina (Meaning he wont be able to perform any moves)".
    I'm sure we were told stamina doesn't go into negatives yet this seems to imply the opposite. I always thought this was the case and it certainly explains why the damage gets so big beyond what it should be able to with DDI/DR/SDI.

Curious though if tag team/stable are going to reward their own form of exp only used in tag/stable builds does that mean effectively there will be 2 systems in terms of builds that have no beering on one another? I.e. my TAG DDI won't affect my singles DDI and my singles DDI won't affect my tag DDI. That being the case ... why bother having them share the same energy pool or whatever it's called instead of timers?
    I think the seperate system idea works since if you could earn tons of single exp through tags ( or more stables ) it would kind of make people just sit there trading stables all day long as the biggest means of cashing in for exp ( especially since the matches go longer ).

Lastly will there be options to transfer existing accounts to this new engine on launch ( or the future )? Will the current servers be pushed to the new engine or just forgotten? Or will it basically be an entirely new fresh game and the old game unofficially retired?

Comment

• Desmond
      Desmond commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I can answer right now is that this definitly is no Aprils Fool, though the time waiting for it looks like one, heh. But the Admins work on it and we'll see how it turns out. So for a new mobile version is about to come sooner, so that is step 1 towards the new engine and 'new TWG era' if you wanna call it that way.

Coders really have to be there permanently during the first days and there have to be some real pre-bug fixes before it will be launched on most servers. I'm with you that we had enough entrance bugs and match exploits, etc.

I acted the same when I saw the negative stamina. It was obvious the whole time looking at insane move damage when you were down to red, while you were beaten to a pulp before. So this will end in a few months it seems.

Can't tell much about the tag division and exp gain yet. Maybe Abdel knows more yet. I just know that Tag and Stable matches now go together with the energy bar, so you spam down multiple tag matches without using extra TP's. Will be interesting to see how the tag exp will turn out in the end.

Lastly, there won't be a new server. This 'new engine' is more likely a complete new fighting system with the changes mentioned above. It will be implemented into the existing servers, one after another. Hope all things are a bit clearer to you now, heh

I likewise can't seem to find the comment button to reply - anyway ... happy to see this put onto existing servers since it will give something new to do though likewise a new server can always be fun too with what is ideally a new game launch

Comment

All listed changes are not global and tend to improve 1) game mechanics and 2) users' perception (which is indeed very good). So I say thankee-sai for that.

But my question relates to another aspect. Is server model going to remain the same? Are federations going to remain on servers 1 and 3 (if there will still be servers 1 and 3)? Is anything going to be done about literally empty language-based servers? Or do you plan to make a decent advertisement to inhabit them again?

Comment

• Desmond
        Desmond commented
        Editing a comment
        The server model will stay the same and a big advertisement campaign is planned, but I don't have further details. I guess we all will see when the engine is close to be finished and things roll on.

I don't know if this will be a suggestion or not but will global championships be changed at all? will they just still be the same four? or will there be more titles working on more stats?
      Server Three Moderator

Comment

• Desmond
        Desmond commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't hear from any global titles changes at all, so I guess they are not planned to change soon. If so, you gonna hear it.

I don't know if this has been said, but I'd like the private gym function revamped. To put it quite bluntly and simply private gym is not worth getting unless you only plan on getting one level of stam and that's it. What I'd like to see is 1.5x each level of at for each level of private gym that costs equal exp and .5% in tps of the exp required for that level. Ex: Level 1 private gym = 3 points to X stat for 1k exp and 5 tps and each level of private gym would cost 1% of the exp level so lvl 1 gym would be 10 tps and to get a lvl 1 private gym specialty would be 5 tps. I would also like to see this be available for EVERY stat, including bleeding bonus and lightness. However, the cap would remain, obv. In my eyes this would help lessen the difference between a speed with 1 mil exp and a str with 1 mil exp due to lightness factor since one can now invest in lightness. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Comment

Any word on when the Engine is going to roll out?

Comment

Working...
        X