X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desmond
    started a topic ***New Engine Updates***

***New Engine Updates***

We are happy to present you a lot of updates, which will arrive on the new engine. For a better overview you can also find the full update list here:

http://forum.thewrestlinggame.com/fo...-primary-draft

If you wanna discuss a specific update, please use quotes and reply below. We try to answer as detailed as possible.

New engine changes:

I. General Changes:

1. -The game is now in javascript and AJAX, which means you will never have to reload the page to see changes (Ex: Applying Skill points, training moves, ..etc)

2. - real time update of wrestlers data (Meaning if you are on the skills page and a statistic just finishes upgrading, the points will get added automatically to your Skills Page without having to refresh);

3. - Improved Achievements section, with a lot of new achievements;

II. Wrestler:

1. - All the updates regarding your wrestler will be displayed on a feed on mainboard (Ex: Finished timers achievements, challenges .. etc);

2. - Top menu is global and displays all of your wrestler data (TPs, FEs, Exp, Messages, reports ... and more);

3. - Profile Page includes an easy to read chart that compares your attributes to the wrestler you scout (P.E.S Style);

4. - profile page has now 4 queue slots for stats;

5. - Messages Page includes An ignore and Friends List too, so you dont have to add friends or ignore wrestlers via Arena;

III. Energy Bar:

The new energy bar will be used to do normal matches as well as tag and stable matches. We have not determined how much each match will cost but it is most likely going to be 2 energy charges for tag matches, and 3 for stables.

IV. Taunts:

taunts will become based on turns instead of seconds for more clarity, and the rewards for these taunts will be greater:
    6% of stamina and hp for 1 turn
    16% for 2 turns
    32% for 3 turns
    Initiative is the main factor to perform your taunt, but it is not the only one. Your opponent suffered position(that is the position you obtain when you hit your opponent with a move), your and your opponent's HP and stamina also have a role in deciding if your taunt will succeed.
    Also, your taunt progress will no longer decrease your executions time, but instead it will increase your gains.

V. Moves & Matches:

1. - Moves Section is now a one-Page-Does-it-all, where you can buy, train, enable and disable your moves;

2. - Levelling moves will is now in prorata meaning (If your move has alread 50% progress from matches, you can level up the missing 50% paying half the price and timer);

3. - Arena allows tag and stable matches too. You can challenge anyone to a stable match, and their whole team will be involved;

4. - You will be able to choose a third person for a tripple threat match (Currently disabled: 3rd wrestler is randomized) ;

5. - reports section now includes Stables too, and you can sort it by Single, tag or stable reports;

6. - Completely new messaging System (Facebook Style);

7. - messaging system supports Group chats now (Currently disabled);

8. - titan tron added before the match (useful for Feds generally);

*** New Match Engine Features ***

I. - Match Updates:

- Matches are now divided by turns and 1 turn allows one action per wrestler, so in a match that involves 5 wrestlers, you will get 5 actions per turn. Actions do not mean move executions strictly. You can use your action to execute a taunt, get back into position if you are on the ground or stunned, get out of the ring or get back into the ring ... etc
    Also throwing you opponent out of the ring can give you a break to catch your breath and regain 5% stamina.

- Matches can end in Count outs during regular One Fall matches if you don't get back into the ring in time

- New engine supports any match up (2v3, 6v1v2, 4v4v4v4 ... etc)

- Stunned position is now based on the wrestler status (Stamina + HP) so a wrestler who has no Stamina and Health points will be exposed more often to stuns

- When wrestlers are out of Stamina, Instead of going into negative and still fighting, they will take the turn to regain stamina (Meaning he wont be able to perform any moves)

- Multiple Pin support (ie: Abdel can pin Maxo, and then Desmond jumps over them to help Pin Maxo, and another wrestler does the same ... etc)

II. - Damage:

DDI and DR interact very differently from the current system. To put it in simple words, DDI and DR divergence will have a lesser impact on the damage output which mainly levels up the playing field between new comers and the rest of the players.

III. - Pin & Pin Opposition:

First of all, on team matches (especially tornado matches, and rumbles) multiple wrestlers can pin the same opponent which helps stack their pin bonus to keep him down.
    On the patch side, We have made the pin sskill stronger to allow speed wrestlers to pin their opponents early on the match if they have a big pin bonus(Pins in green can be possible but they will be very hard to pull off). As pin got stronger, its counterpart got stronger too, so in order to counter a pin build, you must have enough pin opposition.

IV. - Initiative:

Initiative reworked, and has a very important role in 3+ way matches, because the wrestler with the highest initiative roll attacks first, while the attacked wrestler loses his turn (meaning he takes the hit and does nothing);

V. Tag Team and Stable:

1. - Teams (tag and stable) can have their own "currency", like exp to buy tag ATs (currenty disabled);

2. - Tag Teams can fight in Special matches too such as First blood, Ultimate submission .. etc;

3. - During Team matches, wrestlers who gets tagged to the corner will use the break to regain stamina;

4. - Partners can interrupt you during a tag match in two different ways:

1) Minor: Where the partner enters quick to break a pin or Sub
    2) Major: Where the partner stays in to help wear off the opponent turning the match into a 2v1 (This can lead to a DQ);

VI. Referee interactions:

1. - Wrestlers can now interact with referees, which allows them to distract him during tag matches to give their tag partners more time to break a pin or a submission maneuver or even cheat.

2. - Disqualifications are possible now if you get caught using a weapon on a regular match, or if you get too many warnings for interfering when it is not your turn.

3. - Referees will also have a statistic called "Severity" that will determine how tolerant a referee is, so with high severity there will be no room for cheating.

4. - Referees can get K.Oed if they get hit during a match;

P.S: We will keep you updated with the latest news, whenever we recieve more information from the coders!

• Revan
    replied
    Any word on when the Engine is going to roll out?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Insane
    replied
    I don't know if this has been said, but I'd like the private gym function revamped. To put it quite bluntly and simply private gym is not worth getting unless you only plan on getting one level of stam and that's it. What I'd like to see is 1.5x each level of at for each level of private gym that costs equal exp and .5% in tps of the exp required for that level. Ex: Level 1 private gym = 3 points to X stat for 1k exp and 5 tps and each level of private gym would cost 1% of the exp level so lvl 1 gym would be 10 tps and to get a lvl 1 private gym specialty would be 5 tps. I would also like to see this be available for EVERY stat, including bleeding bonus and lightness. However, the cap would remain, obv. In my eyes this would help lessen the difference between a speed with 1 mil exp and a str with 1 mil exp due to lightness factor since one can now invest in lightness. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Desmond
    commented on 's reply
    Didn't hear from any global titles changes at all, so I guess they are not planned to change soon. If so, you gonna hear it.

• Axel Crow
    replied
    I don't know if this will be a suggestion or not but will global championships be changed at all? will they just still be the same four? or will there be more titles working on more stats?

Leave a comment:

• Desmond
    commented on 's reply
    The server model will stay the same and a big advertisement campaign is planned, but I don't have further details. I guess we all will see when the engine is close to be finished and things roll on.

• The Storyteller
    replied
    All listed changes are not global and tend to improve 1) game mechanics and 2) users' perception (which is indeed very good). So I say thankee-sai for that.

But my question relates to another aspect. Is server model going to remain the same? Are federations going to remain on servers 1 and 3 (if there will still be servers 1 and 3)? Is anything going to be done about literally empty language-based servers? Or do you plan to make a decent advertisement to inhabit them again?

Leave a comment:

• DocSpock
    replied
    I likewise can't seem to find the comment button to reply - anyway ... happy to see this put onto existing servers since it will give something new to do though likewise a new server can always be fun too with what is ideally a new game launch

Leave a comment:

• Desmond
    commented on 's reply
    From what I can answer right now is that this definitly is no Aprils Fool, though the time waiting for it looks like one, heh. But the Admins work on it and we'll see how it turns out. So for a new mobile version is about to come sooner, so that is step 1 towards the new engine and 'new TWG era' if you wanna call it that way.

Coders really have to be there permanently during the first days and there have to be some real pre-bug fixes before it will be launched on most servers. I'm with you that we had enough entrance bugs and match exploits, etc.

I acted the same when I saw the negative stamina. It was obvious the whole time looking at insane move damage when you were down to red, while you were beaten to a pulp before. So this will end in a few months it seems.

Can't tell much about the tag division and exp gain yet. Maybe Abdel knows more yet. I just know that Tag and Stable matches now go together with the energy bar, so you spam down multiple tag matches without using extra TP's. Will be interesting to see how the tag exp will turn out in the end.

Lastly, there won't be a new server. This 'new engine' is more likely a complete new fighting system with the changes mentioned above. It will be implemented into the existing servers, one after another. Hope all things are a bit clearer to you now, heh

• Desmond
    commented on 's reply
    I will open a whole strategy & build discussion topic when we are able to test all the new match engine basics and try to clarify most changes, if that is what you mean.

• DocSpock
    replied
    It's Aprils Fools here today, is this a joke ... there isn't really a new engine coming right? ;)

If so, which year so I can mark it on my calendar? Heh.

Seriously though some interesting stuff here if it all pans out though a few things that one can already see is possibly open to exploitation if not thoroughly thought through though no biggie as long as bug/exploit fixes are proactive and quickly implemented as opposed to once every couple of years as it has been before heh.

Also "When wrestlers are out of Stamina, Instead of going into negative and still fighting, they will take the turn to regain stamina (Meaning he wont be able to perform any moves)".
    I'm sure we were told stamina doesn't go into negatives yet this seems to imply the opposite. I always thought this was the case and it certainly explains why the damage gets so big beyond what it should be able to with DDI/DR/SDI.

Curious though if tag team/stable are going to reward their own form of exp only used in tag/stable builds does that mean effectively there will be 2 systems in terms of builds that have no beering on one another? I.e. my TAG DDI won't affect my singles DDI and my singles DDI won't affect my tag DDI. That being the case ... why bother having them share the same energy pool or whatever it's called instead of timers?
    I think the seperate system idea works since if you could earn tons of single exp through tags ( or more stables ) it would kind of make people just sit there trading stables all day long as the biggest means of cashing in for exp ( especially since the matches go longer ).

Lastly will there be options to transfer existing accounts to this new engine on launch ( or the future )? Will the current servers be pushed to the new engine or just forgotten? Or will it basically be an entirely new fresh game and the old game unofficially retired?

Leave a comment:

• DK Styles
    replied
    Just a question, with the new match changes and all, I hope it isn't too dramatic of a change, by that I mean that I hope the changes are enough to make it look good and not over do it since it will become way complex opinion. Maybe a separate section about explaining match engine changes so it clears most confusion between existing players.

Leave a comment:

• Desmond
    commented on 's reply
    I'm against open charts because knowing everyones exps will make it much easier to look for counter builds. If you can 'read' matches quite well you can almost figure the exact build of your enemies and this could kill a lot of strategy fun. Though an exp increase chart viewable only for yourself would be interesting. Though you could do it on your own. I don't know how others think about this though..

• Desmond
    commented on 's reply
    When I played the test server those stats were broken or disabled and I don't have any updates yet. Will make sure you recieve your reply when we found out more.

• Abdel
    commented on 's reply
    If you have no escape subs, then he'll dominate more as the match goes by because longers subs drain more stamina. If you have low stamina, you'll be easy to dodge so he gets more executions, and more score. Simple as that.
Working...
X