X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inversion
    started a topic WWE and I Quit Matches

WWE and I Quit Matches

After not watching professional wrestling for about three years I started watching it again which got me thinking. What happened to the I Quit match? I was watching the Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger match and it just seemed like a regular one fall match where they added the gimmick of an I Quit match. I understand that the WWE is now PG but the match seems like it has lost its integrity. I remember watching I Quit matches like The Rock vs. Mankind, John Cena vs. JBL and even Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley that got so physical by the end of the match you didn't care who won because the match produced such good quality.

I thought I'd generate discussion and see if anybody else agrees/disagrees with me on this one.

• modfather
    replied
    You've answered your own question Invy. They simply cant do what they used to now that it is PG. You can still have spots where it looks dangerous or could cause harm, but not to the extent of what it was. There's also the huge difference in the talent in the actual match. Look at the names you mentioned who had good i quit matches, and then compare them to the likes of Swagger and Del Rio, that right there tells you it wont be as entertaining or emphatic as say a Rock vs Mankind.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X